Welcome back grilling season with a steak sandwich
Thursday Aug 31st, 2017
The snow has melted and grilling season is around the corner. It may not be summer just yet, but you do not have to wait to enjoy that perfectly charred steak fresh off the grill.
Open-faced Steak Sandwich
• 1 10oz New York Strip Steak, 1” thick
• 2 red, green or orange peppers
• 1 sweet onion
• 1 bottle (341 mL) Rickard's Red
• 1 lime
• 1 baguette
1. Thinly slice peppers and onion. Place in a deep pan, pour in the beer and cover. Simmer in pan until the beer has reduced and peppers and onions are soft.
2. Fire up the grill until hot. In the meantime, pre-oil the steak and coat with coarse salt and pepper.
3. Grill the steak until medium rare.
4. Slice the baguette in half and lightly toast on the grill.
5. Cover toasted baguette with chipotle mayonnaise.
6. Thinly slice the steak and pile on the bun.
7. Top the steak with the reduced beer, onions, and peppers.
8. Top with cilantro and lime zest.
9. Serve open faced and cut sandwich into desired portions.
Find more grilling recipes online at www.Rickards.ca.